Hello everybody, hope you're having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, ham and corn chowder. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ham and corn chowder is among the favorite food menus that are now being sought by a lot of people over the internet. For anyone who is the individual who wants the recipe information, then this is the right website page. We convey the steps to how to cook with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
I really liked this version of ham and corn chowder although I made one small change to the directions. After all was cooked I removed about half of the soup from the pot and gave it a whirl with a stick blender. (then returned the rest to the pot). It made it a creamier soup.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You could cook Ham and corn chowder using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and corn chowder
- Make ready 4 cups of cooked ham diced.
- It's 4 of celery stalks diced.
- Get 1/2 of onion diced.
- Take 2 of medium carrots diced (or 10 baby carrots).
- Take 1 can of corn.
- Get 1 can of cream of chicken soup healthy request.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need of Salt, pepper, thyme, onion & garlic powder.
- It's 6-8 cups of chicken stock.
- It's 3 tbsp of flour.
- Make ready 1 bag of fat free cheddar cheese.
Ham and corn chowder instructions
- Sautéing the veggies with olive oil, and use chicken broth to deglaze from time to time. Add spices.
- Add chicken broth but reserve 2 cups of it in container to mix with flour later on.
- Boil for 10-15 min and add the corn and ham..
- Mix in the heavy cream and whisk the flour into the remaining broth. Add to soup and simmer til thick.
- Add cheese and stir well. Taste for seasoning.
So that's going to wrap it up with this exceptional food ham and corn chowder recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There's gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!