Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a special dish, economical, healthy and easy sweet and sour chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken is just about the favorite food menus that are sought by a lot of people through the internet. In case you are the one who is looking for the recipe information, then this is the right website page. We convey the steps to how in order to cook combined with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
Cream of Celery Soup You see, in the original sweet and sour recipe, chicken cubes are first coated with a batter and then deep fried. The deep fried batter coated chicken is then added to a tasty stir fry of peppers, onions and sweet and sour sauce. In my sweet and sour chicken recipe I've removed the need to deep fry the batter coated chicken.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You may have Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- It's 1 large of breast Chicken breast.
- Prepare of Marinade:.
- Make ready 1 of see step 3 Sugar, sake, soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil (or vegetable oil).
- It's 3 tbsp of ▲ Katakuriko.
- Prepare 3 of cm Carrot.
- Get 2 small of Green bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- Make ready 1/2 medium of Onion.
- It's 1/2 of Cooked bamboo shoot in water.
- Make ready of Flavor:.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- Make ready 2 of tablepoons each ★ Ketchup, soy sauce, vnegar.
- Get 2 tsp of ★ Chinese soup stock.
- Get 100 ml of ★Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of + 2 tablespoons Katakuriko + Water.
- Get 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Remove the skin and open up the thicker parts to make it all the same thickness. Cover with plastic wrap use the handle of a knife or a rolling pin to pound the meat. Remove the plastic wrap and pierce with a fork..
- Cut into bite-sized pieces..
- Put the chicken into a plastic bag and add 1/4 teaspoon (about 2 pinches) of sugar, 1 tablespoon each of soy sauce and sake, and 1 teaspoon of oil. Rub the seasoning into the meat for about 1 minute. Marinate for 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables. Cut the onion in half horizontally and cut into 6-8 slices. Thinly slice the thicker part of the carrot into pieces of the same size as the onion..
- Cut the shiitake, green pepper, and bamboo shoot to the same size of the onion..
- Combine the ★ ingredients..
- Prepare the katakuriko slurry..
- Add the ▲ ingredients to the plastic bag from Step 2 and gently coat each piece of chicken evenly..
- Fry the chicken in a good amount of oil until browned and crisp, then transfer to a dish. (If there are some burned areas left in the frying pan, wipe or wash it clean)..
- Add a little bit of oil to the frying pan from Step 9 and quickly saute the green peppers. When the peppers are coated well with oil, transfer to the same plate as the chicken. It's okay if they aren't completely cooked..
- Add some more oil to the frying pan and saute the onion and carrots. Add the shiitake and bamboo shoot and continue sautéing..
- Once the oil has coated the vegetables, add the ★ mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes..
- Swirl in the katakuriko slurry and stir. Once it has thickened, add the chicken and green peppers. Let simmer and then season with salt and pepper. Done..
- (If you have some time available, deep fry the vegetables. In that case, skip Step 10.).
- It's easier to make if you prepare the dish until Step 6 the night before, cover it with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator..
So that's going to wrap it up with this special food economical, healthy and easy sweet and sour chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I'm sure that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!