Hey everyone, it's Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, healthy tomato soup. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Healthy Tomato Soup is probably the favorite food menus that are sought by many people from the internet. If you are the one who wants the recipe information, then this can be a right website page. We convey the steps to how cooking along with the ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
This healthy tomato soup recipe is a blend of two Tuscan classics, pappa al pomodoro (a hearty bread-thickened tomato soup) and acquacotta (which translates as "cooked water," and is a soup made with tomatoes, greens and a poached egg, served over bread). This simple tomato soup is perfect paired with your favorite grilled cheese sandwich. Make a double batch and freeze the extra for rainy-day emergencies..
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have Healthy Tomato Soup using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Tomato Soup
- It's 1 kg of fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- Get 1-2 of carrots.
- It's 1 inch of ginger.
- Take 2-3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of medium sized beetroot.
- It's 1 of medium potato.
- Take 1/2 lemon of For lemon Juice.
- It's 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of pepper powder.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
Healthy Tomato Soup step by step
- Chop all the vegetabkes roughly and keep aside..
- Heat a large enough pressure cooker on medium heat..
- Add butter. When the butter has melted add the bayleaf..
- Add ginger, garlic, onions, carrots and toast them for about 4 to 5 minutes..
- Next add cubed potatoes and beetroot. Mix well and let them cook for about 3 minutes..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt. Mix well and let it cook for about 5 minutes..
- Add about 500 ml of water, mix well and close the pressure cooker. Let it cook for 5 whistles and turn off the heat..
- Wait for the pressure cooker to depressurise on it's own. Open the cooker only after it has completely depressurised..
- Allow the veggies to cool and grind them to fine puree..
- Place a clean pressure cooker or a wide and deep pan on low heat and strain the ground puree into it..
- Add sugar, pepper powder and lemon juice to the boiling puree. Adjust salt if required and being heat one boil and turn off the heat..
- Serve your soup hot garnished with cream, mint and bread crumbs..
So that's going to wrap it up for this special food healthy tomato soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don't forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!