Hey everyone, it's Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, healthy macaroni and cheese. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Healthy Macaroni and Cheese is among the favorite food menus that have been sought by a lot of people from the internet. Should you be the one who is looking to get the recipe information, then right here is the right website page. We convey the steps to how to prepare with the ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
Mac & cheese can be a true comfort on a gloomy day, and our healthy update takes advantage of extra-sharp Cheddar balanced with creamy low-fat cottage cheese and tucks a layer of spinach into the middle, which may help picky eaters down their vegetables. Whole-wheat pasta adds robust flavor and extra fiber. Recipe Makeover: Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Our healthy mac and cheese is quick and light yet just as creamy as traditional versions.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook Healthy Macaroni and Cheese using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Macaroni and Cheese
- Prepare 200 g of frozen beans, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 400 g of macaroni pasta or other favourite.
- Get 1 of leek, sliced.
- It's 1 cup of frozen of peas.
- Get 10 of meatballs (approx).
- Prepare 200 g of quark.
- It's 1 tbsp of onion granules.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- Make ready of Ground black pepper to taste.
- You need of Chilli flakes to taste.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tsp Coleman's mustard.
- You need 200 ml of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Make ready 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 50 g of chedder cheese, grated.
- It's 1 tsp of dried chives.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of sugar free alternative.
- Get Handful of dried breadcrumbs.
Healthy Macaroni and Cheese instructions
- Cook the meatballs through, then roughly chop. Set aside..
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Add the beans once the water is boiling then for the final 5 minutes add the peas and leek. Drain well..
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a small saucepan whisk the quark, sugar alternative, stock, onion granules, garlic, chives, mustard, and 3/4 of the cheese. Heat gently until the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper..
- Transfer pasta and vegetables to an oven proof ceramic tray..
- Pour in the cheese sauce and meatballs and stir until combined with the pasta..
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs..
- Grill for 5-6 minutes until the cheese has melted..
So that's going to wrap it up for this special food healthy macaroni and cheese recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I'm confident that you will make this at home. There's gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don't forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!