Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I'm gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, healthy mapo eggplant with tofu. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Healthy Mapo Eggplant with Tofu is one of the favorite food menus that are now being sought by many people people over the internet. If you're the one that is looking to get the recipe information, then right here is the right website page. We convey the steps to how to cook combined with ingredients needed. Make sure you also display related videos as additional information.
Drain off the excess moisture completely. Drain off the excess moisture completely. Add the tofu and the eggplant and stir together gently so that the tofu and eggplant gets nicely coated with the sauce.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You could have Healthy Mapo Eggplant with Tofu using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Mapo Eggplant with Tofu
- Get 3 of Eggplants.
- Make ready 1/3 of Carrot.
- Take 1/2 block of Firm tofu.
- Take 1/3 of ☆ Japanese leek.
- Make ready 1 piece of ☆ Ginger.
- It's 1 clove of ☆ Garlic.
- Take 1 of to 2 teaspoons ☆ Doubanjiang.
- Take 1 dash of ☆ Sansho pepper powder (or sansho peppercorns).
- Make ready 1 tsp of ◆ Chicken soup stock granules.
- You need 1 tbsp of ◆ Sake.
- It's 1 tbsp of ◆Tian mian jiang (Chinese sweet bean paste).
- It's 1 tbsp of ◆ Soy sauce.
- Make ready 1 tsp of ◆ Oyster sauce.
- Prepare 200 ml of ◆ Boiling water.
- It's 1 tbsp of + more to finish Sesame oil.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 of Katakuriko slurry.
- Get 1 of Green onions (to finish).
Healthy Mapo Eggplant with Tofu comprehensive
- Wrap the tofu in paper towels, put on a heatproof dish and microwave for 2 minutes. Drain off the excess moisture completely..
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into 4 to 8 slices. Soak the slices in water for about 5 minutes then drain well, and pat dry well with paper towels..
- Finely chop the leek, ginger and garlic. Thinly slice the green onion you'll be using as topping too..
- Cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then slice thinly diagonally. Combine the ◆ ingredients together..
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the well drained tofu, and scramble with several cooking chopsticks held together..
- Keep scrambling and stir-frying the tofu over medium heat, until the texture resembles ground meat. Add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and stir-fry quickly. Remove from the pan..
- Wipe out the pan, add some vegetable oil and heat up again. Add the eggplant and stir-fry over medium heat. When the eggplant is wilted and has started to brown, take it out..
- Heat up the pan again, add all the ☆ ingredients and stir-fry over medium heat. When it's fragrant add the carrot and continue stir-frying..
- When the carrot has wilted, re-add the cooked tofu and eggplant and stir-fry quickly. Add the combined ◆ ingredients and simmer over low heat for about 2 minutes..
- When the sauce has reduced a bit, add some katakuriko dissolved in water to thicken the sauce. Swirl in some sesame oil to finish..
- Transfer to serving plates, top with the green onions and it's done. If you like it more spicy, you can drizzle on some ra-yu spicy sesame oil..
So that's going to wrap it up for this exceptional food healthy mapo eggplant with tofu recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!